Sunday 28 October 2007

It's not said enough-I love you

I love you.Three simple words that have so much impact on another person's spirit. Even if we know how another person loves us, it is of great comfort when we hear the words come out of their mouth.And yet, we still have problems saying it often. We don't think about saying it to our loved ones because we take them for granted. We don't realize that they might not be here tomorrow.Intellectually, there's some pressure to say "I love you." If it's a spouse or a dating partner, it can come fairly easy after the first time it has been said. If it's a relative or a friend, it can feel awkward. And why? Because we don't like letting our guard down. Because we don't like feeling vulnerable. Because when we express our emotions, we let down our exterior blockade of sensitivity and reveal our true self. I love you.People have often felt regret when a loved one has passed and they didn't get to say "I love you" before they died. And yet, they continue through their lives without saying it to the people they can still express it to. They still live in their shielded box, guarded from emotive interaction.Here and now, I say it to you all. I love you.My friends, my brothers, my sisters, parents and lovers: I love you all. Each one of you. I may disagree with you, I may believe differently from you...but I will never stop loving you.To those who would call themselves my enemy...I hope you know that I will continue to love you, even if you attack me. If my plane is driven into a building, I will still love you.If my country and my government fights with yours, I will still love you.If you call yourself my friend, I love you still. That bond will never be broken. No trespass will ever stray my feelings. I love you still, now and forever.If you call yourself my brother, or my sister, I love you.If you call yourself a stranger, I love you. If there's ever anything I can do to help you, just ask. I will always be here for you. I love you.If you think you're too strong for my love, I'm here when you fall. I love you, and I'll never abandon you. I only want to help. I am sorry if I offend. I hope for the best, and I see God in everyone. Each person is good, no matter their crimes or trespasses. Everyone deserves our love.I love you.

No comments: