Sunday 28 October 2007

Failure and Frustration

I set out to complete a task, and the first step I have failed. Some might not see it as such; some might be inclined to see it as just the first attempt, but I see it as failure. The task at hand is not as easy as I thought. I forgot myself, thinking I'm smarter than most and already possess the "truth" so that I might have an easy ride ahead of me. I am humbled, blindly falling back into my own recognition, knowing that I truly do not know.And yet, I still feel the spark. I still feel the burning desire. I have to get up. I have to do it again. Do I want to? No. Yes. Does it matter? I failed my first task because I overlooked the simplicity of it. I did not look with eyes open. And yet, I am driven. I am not forced, but drawn. If it takes 478 tries, and I still fail - then I will hope for another chance. And another.It is the yearning desire to reach my goal that pulls me. It is inside me to move. I fell the first time I walked. But I press on. I will succeed.
We will all Succeed,no matter how long it takes and what it takes.

No comments: