Thursday 20 December 2007

Why are you alive?

Why are you alive?What's the point in your existance?
Quite reasonable questions when you think about it.In fact, how many of you reading this have truly questioned these sorts of questions?It may surprise you, but it's probably a very small number. So why are you here?To get married?To get yourself a career?To just simply have a good time?Or to put it another way...To get married to someone you probably dont love or who probably doesnt love and have a 50/50 chance of getting a divorce?To make yourself a career only to have to retire and be stuck on a crap pension?I don't think so.
One day you are going to die. And you have to accept this. Most people think they are invincible,they think they can live forever if they want. Not the way you think mate, fat chance. Just to say, I am not saying this from a literalist christian attitude, my opinion of the christian view of death and the afterlife is that quite frankly it's a load of shite.
Because you ARE going to die. And the sooner you accept it, the easier it'll be when it finally comes along. This is your life and it's ending one minute at a time. This life isn't a break from another, it's not a seminar. You can't go through pretending it is because you're in for a big shock there. You may think this is bad, but trust me, where you are now you can't even imagine what the bottom will be like.
Only after disaster can we be resurrected, it's only after we've lost everything that we're free to do anything. Nothing is static, everything is appalling, everything is falling apart.
You are not a beautiful and unique snowflake, you are the same decaying organic matter as everything else. We are all basically the same. We are the all singing all dancing crap of the world. You are not your bank account, you are not the clothes you wear. You are not the contents of your wallet, you are not your bowel cancer. You are not your grande latte, you are not the car you drive. You are not your fucking khakis!
You have to give up. You have to give up. You have to realize that someday you will die. Until you know that, you are useless.
I say may I never be complete, I say may I never be content. I say deliver me from clear skin and perfect teeth. I say evolve and lets the chips fall within me. There is no "Happy ever after".
But oh no, you're a christian, nothing bad can EVER happen to you can it?Sure you're kid is more likely to get molested by the priest at church than by a stranger, but hey, it's all in the name of god so it doesn't matter DOES IT! What the fuck is that? I'm sorry but something doesn't seem right here. You know, when I have a kid, should I send him to sunday school? So you can FUCK HIM? I'd be careful of who you trust in this world, because I certainly don't know who I can trust.
Here's a question. Have you ever wanted to do something that was supposedly "wrong" and wondered why it was so wrong? The thing is, a lot of the laws are made up just for the sake of laws, to keep people in check. Everybody has that natural instinct and I wonder whether by stopping it we're actually doing ourselves as a human race some damage. It's there for a reason.
Do you really know who you are? And when you automatically answer yes, ask yourself whether you really know that or you've just been taught it. Get what I mean? Is your leader a voice? There's a reason we have a rebellious instinct.

No comments: